Airport Pickup service is only provided at Pudong International Airport. NO campus transportation provided at Hongqiao Airport. If you arrive at Hongqiao airport, please take a taxi and it will cost about 100 RMB to reach the residence. Please download the Campus and Residence Address Card to your phone and show them to the taxi driver to avoid communication difficulty.
NYU Shanghai Campus Address Card (includes emergency contact info!)
NYU Shanghai Residence Address Card
Pudong International Airport Pickup Schedule
Please look for NYU Shanghai staff, who will wear a purple NYU Shanghai hoodie, at the international arrival hall in Terminal 2 (seating area). If you arrive at Terminal 1, please walk to Terminal 2. Group will leave for shuttle bus at the following time. If you miss the shuttle bus, please wait for the next one, or take a taxi to the residence.
11 AM | 3 PM | 5 PM | 7 PM | 8:30 PM
Residence Hall Move-in
- Check-in starts from 2 PM February 2nd, 2017. When you arrive, please go to the Resource Center of Tower 2 to check in. Staff will be there on site to welcome you from 2 PM-9 PM on February 2nd.
- If you arrive after 9 PM on February 2nd, please go to Public Safety in Tower 2 to get your room key.
- All students will have access to the Resource Center in Tower 2.
If you experience any flight delays, make sure to email email@example.com.
All of you should have received the “2017 Study Away Spring Pre-Arrival Newsletter #1” in your email last week! This is directly from the staff at NYU Shanghai and they offer excellent instructions on what to do before you go, textbook information, and tips on your new neighborhood and packing! If you didn’t receive it, let me know.
As you may have read, information about Arrival Day and navigating the airport will come in the next newsletter, so keep an eye out!
And here are some other things to keep in mind:
- Know the time difference between your hometown and Shanghai, and discuss a communication plan with your friends and family.
- Check the exchange rate for your host country’s currency regularly.
- Purchase any necessary voltage convertors and/or adaptors.
And remember these tips from our First Time Traveler Post. (They’re actually quite good for everyone!)
Welcome to NYU Shanghai CareerNet!
If you are actively looking for off-campus internship/volunteer opportunities during your time in Shanghai, please log on to NYU Shanghai CareerNet with your NYU email address and password. We offer many opportunities in different industries on a daily basis. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Meanwhile, it is important to note that international students hired for off-campus internships must follow a mandatory Internship Registration Process. The NYU Shanghai mobility team (email@example.com) will assist you with the necessary paperwork which can take up to 1 month to process.