Note that as communications are launched, your To-Dos will be linked to more info.
- By October 24 – Confirm your place in the program
- ASAP – Save the date for Orientation: November 5th. Required for all students: those in NYC must attend and those outside NYC will have another assignment!
- ASAP – Visiting Students: Set up NYU Email
- ASAP – Review Flight & Arrival Information
- ASAP – Review introductory information on blog and communication from Office of Global Services. This includes our detailed visa instructions.
- Renew/obtain your passport! Your passport MUST be valid through at least November 2017 (6 months BEYOND the last day of your stay in China). Upload a copy of your passport to OGS.
- Complete the Student Information Form (even if waiting on a renewed passport).
- Do NOT apply for a visa yet – it is too early!
- International Students: Meet with an International Student Advisor at OGS to discuss maintaining your F-1 or J-1 status while studying abroad.
- Week of October 14 – Albert Course Search goes live; begin planning your schedule (make sure to have some flexibility!)
- ASAP – Apply for external study away scholarships
- ASAP – Register with the Moses Center if applicable
- ASAP – Join the NYU Shanghai Facebook group
- Anytime – If you want to meet one-on-one, email your Study Away Advisor (email@example.com) to make an appointment to meet in person or via Skype!
- October 14, 12:30-2:30 pm – Shanghai Welcome Kick-Off. Drop in to meet the students you’ll be traveling with to China! Free food and travel guides ( Silver Center, Hemmerdinger Hall, 31 Washington Place)
- October 14, 10 am – 2 pm – NYU Passport Drive with the Office of Global Services (383 Lafayette Street)