Prior to departure, the Office of Global Programs will host a number of events, including student-led conversations, for everyone to prepare for life in Shanghai. If you’re in the New York area, mark your calendars! If you’re not around, reach out to me for resources!
- Spring 2017 Wecome Kick-Off– Friday, October 14
- MANDATORY Pre-Departure Orientation – Saturday, November 5
- Conversation Series on Identity Abroad– Week of November 14
- Gender & Dating in a Global Context
- LGBTQ Life in a Global Context
- Religion & Spiritual Life in a Global Context
- Students of Color in a Global Context
- Beyond the Selfie Send-Off – First Week of December
Program Dates: February 2- May 27
Students must plan to arrive on February 2 (early/late arrivals are NOT permitted), and they may check in to the residence after 12pm. If you arrive before February 2, the University will be closed for Spring Festival. Feb 2 is the last day of Spring Festival, so while there will be staff to assist you move in, the University will still be closed.
Students must depart on May 27 before 9am. Participation in all classes and program activities is mandatory. Please do not plan any personal trips within the program dates until after arriving and confirming your syllabi. Exams cannot be taken early, which is true of all students including graduating seniors. The expectation is that you will be there for the full program.
Additionally, housing is only available for the program dates. If you plan to arrive early or depart later, you are responsible for your own accommodations.
The full program calendar can be viewed here for your continued reference.