Visiting students, if you have confirmed your place in the program, you are now eligible to activate your NYU email. You should do so ASAP!
Activating your account will give you access to your NYU email, and, beginning October 25, will allow you to use the shopping cart functionality in Albert to prepare for course registration. Any student who confirms after that date will have access to the shopping cart within 24-48 hours.
It’s important that you activate your NYU email account ASAP so that you can move forward with your study away plans. Additionally, using your NYU email is vital since we will begin sending the blog updates and other communications to this email only (don’t worry — we’ll give you a heads up before we do that). NYU’s Bursar’s Office will also send your eBill just to your NYU address at the end of November, and you don’t want to miss that!
If you have not activated your NYU netID yet (you were prompted to during the application process to be able to check if materials were received), you must first do this:
- Activate your NYU NetID and create your password. Your NetID can be found in your original acceptance email (from firstname.lastname@example.org), and is usually a combination of your initials and a few random numbers (for example, mine is: jps566). To activate your NetID and set your password, go to the NYU Information Technology Services (ITS) “Start” page (http://start.nyu.edu). Enter your NetID, click on the “Start” button and follow the online instructions. To complete the process, you will also need your date of birth and the University ID number (also known as your N-number) assigned to you. You N number can also be found in your acceptance email; it is the number that starts with an N at the top of the email (for example N12345678).
If you forgot your netID or N number and cannot locate the email that was sent to you with that information, please email me and I will help you. Please look for your admission email first.
To then activate your email simply:
- Return to start.nyu.edu and enter your netID
- On the next page, enter your NYUHome password.
- On the next page, click on the “Activate NYU Google Account” option.
- Presto, your NYU email account is created!
You can also set up mail forwarding. After signing into NYUHome, click on “Preferences” on the top of the page, then find the “Mail Forwarding” option under “Your Email”, and click “Edit”. From there, click on “Add a Forwarding Address” and enter the email where you would like the NYU email correspondence to forward.
Save the date! All students currently in the New York area are expected and required to attend the NYU Shanghai Pre-Departure Orientation on Saturday, November 5. No exceptions.
If you are unable to attend because of religious observance, you must email me by October 21st. Alternative arrangements will be made for those students.
If you are currently studying outside of New York, don’t worry — we will also make alternative arrangements later in the semester so you receive all the same information.
The Henry and Lucy Moses Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) determines qualified disability status and assists students in obtaining appropriate accommodations and services, both at their home campuses and while studying away.
Students currently registered who will be studying away must contact the Henry and Lucy Moses Center for Students with Disabilities in order to discuss resources that might be required, to provide the necessary documentation, and to arrange for these services well before departure.
Additionally, students should speak to the Moses Center if they feel reasonable accommodations may need to be requested while away. Accommodations include but are not limited to: testing accommodations, note takers, use of computer for exams, materials in an alternate format, and provision of sign language interpreters to name a few.
Please visit the Study Away and Disability page on the Moses Center’s website to learn more. Information is provided for all NYU students (NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU Shanghai, and NYU New York home campuses), as well as for Visiting (non-NYU) students. Requests for accommodation at the NYU Global Sites must be made no later than four to six weeks before departure.
Students are able to reach out to the Moses Center with questions by calling +1 (212) 998-4980 or emailing email@example.com.
As you begin navigating the pre-departure process leading up to spring 2017 in Shanghai, I am here to assist along the way. Whether this means you choose to make an appointment with me, send me an email, Skype, or simply keep up with all weekly blog posts and to-dos, know that I am your point person.
Aside from any recommended social events, NYU students in the Washington Square area can expect to meet me in person at the required pre-departure orientation. Otherwise the majority of my communications will come electronically, but know that I am always happy to meet in-person to clarify any uncertainties. Here is my contact information:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +1-212-998-4284
- Office: 383 Lafayette Street, 4th Floor (contact me to make an appointment)
I am incredibly excited for you all to have an amazing study away experience, and look forward to working with you in the lead up to February!