For those who could not attend the in-person orientation, we missed you. There were some great questions and discussions with the Global Peer Mentors.
While there is no way to replicate that experience, we are providing this version of the NYU Shanghai Pre-Departure Orientation Spring 2017 presentation for those who could not attend. Please ensure to read through the presentation in its entirety and complete this mandatory quiz to test your knowledge and make sure you know the essential information! This must be completed by Monday, November 28.
Some key points to remember from the orientation:
- All students must arrive on Feb 2 and can check into the residence after 12 pm. On-site orientation is Mandatory on Feb 3.
- Housing is ONLY available during the dates of the program, Feb 2 – May 27!
- All class attendance and course related field trips are mandatory. Do not book personal travel until you have arrived and confirmed your syllabi.
- Bring all the prescription drugs you will need for your entire stay. Make sure you talk to your doctor about getting a prescription for any medication you take regularly for the full 4 months. Do NOT ship medication overseas.
- All students must take a Chinese language course. If you are unsure about your level, take the CAS Chinese Mandarin Placement Exam. If you think you should place out, email email@example.com before Feb 2, 2017.
If you have any questions or concerns after you have read through the presentation, feel free to email me. To be put in touch with an NYU Shanghai alum, email firstname.lastname@example.org.