Visiting students, if you have confirmed your place in the program, you are now eligible to activate your NYU email. You should do so ASAP!
Activating your account will give you access to your NYU email, and, beginning October 25, will allow you to use the shopping cart functionality in Albert to prepare for course registration. Any student who confirms after that date will have access to the shopping cart within 24-48 hours.
It’s important that you activate your NYU email account ASAP so that you can move forward with your study away plans. Additionally, using your NYU email is vital since we will begin sending the blog updates and other communications to this email only (don’t worry — we’ll give you a heads up before we do that). NYU’s Bursar’s Office will also send your eBill just to your NYU address at the end of November, and you don’t want to miss that!
If you have not activated your NYU netID yet (you were prompted to during the application process to be able to check if materials were received), you must first do this:
- Activate your NYU NetID and create your password. Your NetID can be found in your original acceptance email (from firstname.lastname@example.org), and is usually a combination of your initials and a few random numbers (for example, mine is: jps566). To activate your NetID and set your password, go to the NYU Information Technology Services (ITS) “Start” page (http://start.nyu.edu). Enter your NetID, click on the “Start” button and follow the online instructions. To complete the process, you will also need your date of birth and the University ID number (also known as your N-number) assigned to you. You N number can also be found in your acceptance email; it is the number that starts with an N at the top of the email (for example N12345678).
If you forgot your netID or N number and cannot locate the email that was sent to you with that information, please email me and I will help you. Please look for your admission email first.
To then activate your email simply:
- Return to start.nyu.edu and enter your netID
- On the next page, enter your NYUHome password.
- On the next page, click on the “Activate NYU Google Account” option.
- Presto, your NYU email account is created!
You can also set up mail forwarding. After signing into NYUHome, click on “Preferences” on the top of the page, then find the “Mail Forwarding” option under “Your Email”, and click “Edit”. From there, click on “Add a Forwarding Address” and enter the email where you would like the NYU email correspondence to forward.